Old September 19th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

Default Trials Discussion Thread

TrialsUni wrote:
How about some trials pics?

It's hard to guage just how high the hop is, but it's about 3 feet.

(I'm posting this for any beginners wondering what the apex of a good
side-hop looks like. This is an example of good tucking).

Good tucking. But a good hop will not come from just tucking the uni
all the way to your butt.For example, I can tuck all the way to my
butt, but my heigest hop is around 28". You have to learn a few things
to work with your tuck to get your maximum hop height. 1) tuck with
your legs, don't bring your upper body down 2)time the tuck with the
compression 3) stand up immidiately after landing on the obeject, if
you stay tucked you will lose balance pretty easily.

an accomplishment for me? about a week ago (a little over 1 year of
trials riding for me) I landed a 27" up static no-prehop. I figure
after a couple of rides learning effective prehops i should be able to
manage around 30".

and finally, how many people are running 150's on their trials set up?
I have a DX hub, and the 125's are way to short. I've got 150's from my
muni on there right now as an experiement, and i think I'm gonna order
a set for my trials uni too.

--
maximus unius

dunawan wrote: