Old February 28th 14, 12:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

These two bozos richly deserved one another. This is the world of risk that
Blackblade would willing undertake, all in the name of fun and games. The
"thrill" would have been worth it according to him. Well, if you want to have
this kind of fun, then this is how you pay for it. I don't think hikers would
ever have suffered an accident like this one no matter how hard they tried. Of
course, given cyclists on hiking trails, anything is possible.

I was very clear that you are entitled to risk only your own neck ... not others. Stop willfully misrepresenting what I said.

The trail bike rider was breaking the law, clearly not riding within the 'be able to stop within the distance you can see to be clear' guideline and therefore wholly at fault. If a mountainbiker rode into a hiker in similar circumstances I would happily condemn that too ...