Old September 12th 17, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default program to compute gears, with table

John B. wrote:

On one hand you are reciting what the
specifications are telling you and on the
other hand it is a bloke with years and years
of experience in the business is telling you.

Shozaburo Shimano founded Shimano in
February 1921 which amounts to a collective
experience of 96y 7m 11d, and not of the
business in general, but of manufacturing
bicycle parts. And they say 6/7/8 of their
own chain.

The other people/shops I've refered to who
also say this are probably just repeating what
Shimano says on the chain box.

And I think that's completely natural! I also
trust what manufacturers of an international
magnitude like Shimano put on their boxes.
First thing with new gear I always read on
the box.

So even tho I never tried it myself (a
6/7/8 chain on a 6 casette) I dare say yes,
I find this story a bit strange.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573