Old March 21st 14, 02:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default Southern cross drive accident

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:25:01 +0000 (UTC)
news13 wrote:
On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 10:13:36 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:

And because a bike/ped collision is safer for everyone than a bike/car
collision, and (situation dependent) less likely besides.

How many shared bicycle/ped paths have you ridden.

Most of the ones in Sydney.

Ring a bell or sound a horns or hout to advise you're passing and instant
bike stand as they jump in front of you.

Funny, I find they move over quite politely.

Ride wide around them and they mouth off like the dumb gfskers they are.

Never happened.

And I'm only a gentle plodder. There are some really dumb peds around and
that is before you encounter the headphone brigade.

I have sometimes found someone who can't hear the bell, but it is very
seldom and there's usually a way around them.

Zebee