Old August 4th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ken Roberts

Default grosse scheidegg/swiss bike route #4 questions

That makes me think I'll try to fit Col de la Croix along with Pillon, if I
have enough hours on some day when I might be lucky to be there (perhaps
this year?). Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Roberto Divia wrote
[Col de la Croix] is an interesting climb with a nice view on the Rhone
river valley and (partially) the Lake Leman during the descent.

Another idea that's drawing my attention is Col du Grand Ferret between
Courmayeur IT and Orsieres CH (which I could do in a loop with Col Grand St
Bernard). And Sergio suggested I take look at Jobst Brandt's reports on Col
de la Seigne (between Val des Glaciers FR and Val Veny IT). I like the idea
of seeing the steep southeast side of the Mont Blanc massif. I understand
there is a lot of serious hiking with rolling (? sometimes carrying ?) my
bicycle over both Ferret and Seigne. I'm thinking maybe of making a big loop
starting at Orsieres, first south over Grand St Bernard to Aosta, then Petit
St Bernard (on paved roads) -- then return over Seigne and Ferret to
Orsieres.
Much more than I can ride in one day.

Ken