Old February 17th 16, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Here's the Mileage Thread for 2015

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 3:57:45 PM UTC-5, Joerg wrote:

About 2000mi each on a Fuji Outland 29er FS MTB and an old early-80's
road bike (Gazelle steel frame). So 4000mi total. I ride all year round
and pretty much regardless of whether. Mostly distance between 30-50mi
plus some shorter utility runs.

To my surprise the most recent rear Gatorksin on the road bike lasted
2500mi but by that time it was very close to KAPOW.

I got about 9,000Km out of my last pair of Gatorskins, but, from reading of your travails in rec.bicycles.tech, Joerg, I gather that your environment is more hostile than mine. When I decided to replace them, they were tending to puncture off the centre line and among the minimalist markings that pass for their tread. I find their wire beads bears to wrestle with and get onto a rim properly.

Fortunately, two of my punctures were within a short walk of my LBS which has a decent pub in the same building (Angie the bike tech's GSD Titus tends to wander from the shop into the pub). Gratuitous plugs follow:
http://irenespub.ca/
http://www.mccranks.com/
--
Andrew Chaplin