Old October 26th 17, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Innertube Stems

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 12:20:26 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/26/2017 12:28 PM, wrote:
Since I got the Silca Professional floor pump from Andrew one thing has been a real pain in the butt. The threaded stems make it difficult to push the head on and pull it off.

I bought a whole load of inner tubes some time ago. While using them some of the inner tubes had the threadless stems. This makes it much easier to use ether with the floor pump of the CO2 fillers.

But looking through the innertubes for sale on eBay not one of them shows these threadless stems with a stem length over 51 mm to fit my Campy rims.

Does anyone know a source?

Michelins go to 60mm.
The Airstop is threaded, the Aircomp is smooth.

Regarding your pump head, slack the threaded collar which
holds the rubber seal. It will seal well under pressure even
if it's easy to slip over the valve stem. Further tightening
after the seal is worn can compress the seal as needed. If
it's hard to remove, just unscrew that cap slightly.

Looked them up and man do they have strange prices - everything from $8 to $50 apiece. But I ordered 5 of the $8 ones.