Old October 9th 19, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Where "Safety Inflation" leads

On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 09:44:51 UTC-4, Steve Weeks wrote:
On Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 12:32:33 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Here's what all that "Safety Inflation" ultimately generates:

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/trans...-push-1.920236

That's pretty much as extreme as you can get. There's got to be a happy medium somewhere. Here in Chicago, I'd like to see *any* evidence of enforcement of bike laws. A good start would be people riding the wrong way on one-way streets or blasting through red lights.
Of course, it would also be nice to see some action on cars parked in or driving down bike lanes, and other unsafe and illegal practices.
I'm not holding my breath. At least no one is snatching my bike while I'm riding it!

I was riding along a side street in a city near to me and came to a cross street that had a sign ONE WAY Bicycles Excepted. No to me that's a pretty stupid thing to do since any automobile entering that one way street would NOT be expecting a bicyclist to turn up that street going what the automobile driver would think is the wrong way. It's a brilliant setup for an accident waiting to happen.

Cheers