Old May 25th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default Memorial Day (OT)

Since politics is the third favorite subject here, behind racing and
porn I wanted to weigh in with some comments particularly because of
the stupid **** going on these days.
I get hammered for arguing the "right wing" side here, and I've
explained why I do it to no avail. I want and need to do something
different today.
If Bush and company aren't guilty of treason it's only because the
left fought so hard to make it almost impossible to prosecute someone
for this, but they did that in self defense since there's no question
in my mind Hanoi Jane, at least, was guilty of it along with many
others.
Anyway, everywhere you look today, it's the "Kommie Left" stepping up
fighting to get the troops better equipment, medical care, benefits,
and decent treatment.
I hear lots of lip service, and PR spots from the right, but they've
closed ranks behind the military industrial, mercenary, clown complex
at the expense of the folks getting their asses blown off.
Lots of people here who get accused of being anti-American Commies
have stepped up and donated to the USO and done other things I know
of. What's un-American is to give anyone a free pass based on labels
and rhetoric.
I've said it before, and I'm not any less cynical about the motives,
and am not about to forgive and forget, but today the vast majority of
the folks on the left are doing far more for the troops, their
families, and the Country than the clowns in the Whitehouse and their
cronies.
I just wanted to thank those folks here, especially since they do get
abused by military folks, for showing up and supporting them anyway.
That's a hell of a start to healing a lot of old wounds, and takes a
lot of courage, and conviction from the folks on the left who are
doing it.
Anyway, Thanks folks.
Bill C