Old January 6th 04, 05:35 AM
Jose Rizal

Default Actual data for the chain cleaning debate

TBGibb:

To interject some real data into the chain lubrication debate I devised the
following method for comparing two methods.

6. Otherwise treat both sections exactly the same oiling both with Quaker State
chain saw bar oil.

You might be able to get better results if you measure before putting
the oil on.

Conclusions:
It isn't worth it to soak a chain out in solvent. I've stopped doing so, but I
will be very careful to measure often.

How about just shaking in solvent just once, instead of 5-6 as you did?
It will be interesting to see if washing in solvent just the once is as
effective as washing many times.