Old January 7th 17, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default 105-year old sets new record

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 10:28:13 PM UTC-8, Tim McNamara wrote:
Wow. I'd be fairly surprised just to keep waking up at 105, let alone
to be riding my bike for any distance. Good for him.

Back in my racing days we had an older gent, in his early 80s, who had
raced six day events in the early part of the 20th century. He pushed
the velodrome at Blaine very enthusiastically and would show up as a
spectator at races on his track bike. He still had a very supple spin
and was very, very comfortable on what he called "track iron," would
even do a few tricks on it.

If I get to my 80s and can still ride a bike, I would consider that a
pretty darned big win. I'm delighted to still be riding in my 50s.

One of the guys we ride with is 83 and can ride right along with us without straining. While we have another that's 60 and rides just to be able to keep moving from Arthritis.