Old March 8th 04, 06:05 AM
Frank P. Patterson

Default A good Win 98 SE newsgroup? OT O.T.

Mikael Seierup wrote:
I have a strange problem. After getting a second harddrive
I now have a disk C: D: E: (two partitions as its 160 GB) and F: (CDRom).
However my desktop shows only C: and D: (using the old CDRom icon).
Pathfinder or whatever its called in english shows the drives correctly
and so does BIOS and sysinfo. *scratch*

Anyway if someone knows how to fix this or a newsgroup with clever people
please let me know.

Sorry for the OT.

Mikael

Hi Mikael,
My wife is a professional IT administrator. Has been a programmer. Rides
a 19lb (8.7Kg) Columbine [should have raced]. Recommendation is to get
an up to date laptop with XP and forget partitioning and DOS.
Pathfinder must be a legacy DOS item. Windows 95 was better than 98 or
Melinia. But what do I know...I'm a carpenter.