Old June 20th 04, 02:48 AM
Badger_South

Default Firecrackers!

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:00:29 -0400, "Marlene Blanshay"
wrote:

"S o r n i" wrote in message
news
Karen M. wrote:
Hi folks--
This really takes the cake...some teen weenie threw a strand of
firecrackers at me Thursday evening.

I was riding up Wayne Road in Westland (Detroit 'burb). A small red
car passed, and I saw something sail out of the passenger's hand. It
was smoking, so I guessed a cigarette. Then it landed in the lane as
my front wheel rolled past, and I realized that it was a cluster of
short red paper sticks. The brain said "pour it on before it
explodes!" and I did; it went off as the car behind me passed it.

The driver had to slow for a traffic light, enabling me to
**almost** get close enough to see the tag. But they were watching me,
and did an emergency turn down a side street.

Yes, I called the cops.

Of all the stupid, bonehead, malicious things to do...I'm sure it
was a spur of the moment idea, but I could have been hurt. Another
driver could have been hurt, Heck, if the passenger hadn't tossed them
far enough, he could have been hurt (in my dreams).

I have buddies who are reporters for the two Detroit newspapers,
but I am reluctant to tell them about this incident (although it would
make them a great story) because of copycat ramifications.

Geeze louise.

--Karen M.
PO'ed at teenagers

First of all, glad you weren't hurt! Great reaction and subsequent
response. Too bad you couldn't catch up to 'em, but maybe your

description
to the cops will help bust them down the road (so to speak).

Bill "no real second of all, I guess" S.

Stupid little brats! I bet they probably just thought it would scare you,
they probably didn't even think of it hurting anyone. THey probably just
wanted to scare you with the noise. Most teens aren't really malicious, just
reckless and heedless and they don't think of consequences. Lucky you
weren't hurt, but too bad you didn'tget their license number.

Yeah thought they'd scare the biker. Just like the guy who put down 4 large
logs across the bike trail, around four blind corners - any one of which
could have caused serious injury. (He didn't like the fact that I blessed
out his large rottwelier for chasing me.) He 'claimed' the dog put the logs
on the trail - yeah right at four exact right angles. Geometry dog.

He's lucky I was feeling charitable and resisted the urge to spray his dog
and throw him in the river. ;-p

-Badger