Old October 10th 03, 05:08 PM
Tom Keats

Default protecting thumb and wrists

In article ,
Allan Adler writes:

I took my bike out a couple of weeks ago. While I was riding, I found that
there was so much weight on my wrists that they hurt. Apparently, I was
also resting on the ball of my thumb, since that still hurts whenever I
rest it on the handlebars. The handlebars are the short horizontal type

I think this might be more of a posture issue, than one of
how well the bicycle "fits" you, since you mention you're
still having to lean somewhat forward (which is actually
a good thing.)

If you find your wrists are bending backward while riding,
lift 'em a bit, and your back too, while keeping your
elbows loose. Perk up. Adjusting the saddle height up
or down might make things more comfortable.

At least, see what a perkier riding posture does, before
spending money on other stuff.

cheers, & still recalling my mom's plaintive nag: "Stop slouching!",
Tom