Old December 21st 03, 07:18 PM
Tony Raven

Default Private members bill on cycle helmet compulsion.

Ian wrote:

For the avoidance of doubt, despite my pro-helmet stance, I have written to
my M.P. stating my objection to this bill on the grounds of the false
information used to support it, but stating that I would be prepared to
support this bill if real information was used and if it included a fully
researched minimum standards policy for helmet manufacture based on proper
development rather that whacking the helmet with a bronze ball.

I've written to my MP pointing out the false information and suggesting that
it, and BHIT who are providing it, should not be allowed to inform
legislation.

Tony