Old January 5th 04, 12:11 AM
Dan Daniel

Default Secure Bike Parking.?

On 04 Jan 2004 08:59:24 GMT, (Hunrobe) wrote:

Dan Daniel

wrote:

It's $50/yr for the secure parking, which I find to be a
reasonable and comparable price after looking at a survey for bike locker
rental fees in different places that I found on some website that I can't
remember now.

I'm curious- do auto parkers at your company have to pay for their
parking spaces, rent them on a yearly basis? Or does the company pick
up this cost?

No company "picks up the cost" for any employee benefit. Those benefits are
part of the employee's compensation. If the OP's employer rents parking spaces
for their employees to use but one of their employees elects not to use their
space, that employee doesn't receive a pay increase do they?
My health insurance through my employer automatically covers my spouse but if I
were single my paycheck wouldn't be one penny larger (although I *would* have
more disposable income g) despite the lower cost to my employer.
Sorry Dan... there's nitpicking and then there's outrageous nitpicking. Your
implied criticism falls in the second category. Of course, if you weren't
implying that it's unfair to charge employees for bike lockers while not
directly charging them for a parking place then I'll retract my reply.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Sorry, Bob... to make clear how much concern I have over you
retracting your reply, pay close attention to how much effort I put
into explaining my post to you.