Old August 19th 19, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Replacing a lost toolkit

On 2019-08-18 10:35, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 7:59:40 AM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

Maybe because up to 40% of my rides happen on an MTB and rough
turf. Everything that isn't solidly bolted or cinched on flies
off.

-- Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

The Topeak has a plastic attachment that sometimes can vibrate the
cross-seatbar attachment off. But because of the size of the bag it
cannot rotate the bag into any position in which it could shake off.
I use them on everything now.

There is another method that has a locking bar that is almost
impossible to release even when you know how. Those work well too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKBROS-MT...8IAF 5UbXMEow

I found this kind of plastic latch to eventually break off on the MTB if
their are used in a "rigid" way, meaning without a strap in line with it.