Old June 10th 16, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain Biking Is Inappropriate In Wilderness

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 10:57:50 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

I have never used the word “primeval” in describing what hikers do in the woods. That was your word, not mine. I have no interest in anything “primeval”. I am only interested in wilderness and natural landscapes, those minimally modified by man. You are stalking a straw horse.
[...]

WEll, I should hope not.

After all "primeval" is a description of a condition or state of

being. The dictionary has it that "having existed from the beginning;
in an earliest or original stage or state".

No one cares about that.

But "what hikers do in the woods"? The Lord only knows what antics

that get up to out there in the bushes, with no one to watch then.

It is what bikers do in the woods that passes all understanding.

And, "minimally modified by man"? I suppose that you mean man made

trails to walk on, with stairs to climb the hills, and the shelters to
sleep in and the places to build your fire and the cute little sign
posts to tell you where you are.

God Damn! So you can read!

It sounds more like the Freeway than a "wilderness", as you call it.

Nope, it is “minimally modified by man”. God Damn! You can’t read after all!

But Dolie, the word "wilderness" actually means "a wild and

uninhabited area left in its natural condition", not a place with all
the amenities , and some trees.

It doesn't mean that at all. I just means “minimally modified by man”. God Damn! I wish you could read!

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota