Old September 5th 05, 07:32 PM
Robert L Bass

Default Recumbent Cyclist in Salvador Brazil

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:36:21 GMT, "Johnny ReBike"
wrote:

On 4-Sep-2005, Robert L Bass wrote:

I've spotted several 'bent Brasilieros during the month and
something that we've been here. Yesterday this gent passed me
while I was waiting at a light. We passed him a few moments
later and managed to catch this shot as he glided along the
beachfront road.

The "thumbs up" is the Brazilian version of our "OK" sign which
has an altogether different meaning when used here. :^)

http://photos.bassburglaralarms.com/..._Recumbent.jpg

Johnny ReBike sez, looks like a cross between a Lightnin' P-38 and a Rans
V-rex. Should be much faster than a ReBike [Slowest Bike in the Known
Universe].

I don't know how fast it is. Both local riders I've spoken to
weren't going fast. I have a RANS Vivo and it's fast enough for
me. The best I've done so far was 36 mph for a short distance.
Most of the time my riding is less than half that speed. :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms