Old April 11th 08, 07:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

Default HEART RATE

On Apr 11, 2:47*am, Woland99 wrote:
On Apr 10, 9:12 am, datakoll wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/10/he...ST.html?adxnnl...

Border line disinformation. For me HRM is a bit like metronome -
it is not to see how fast I can get but to keep steady manageable
tempo. If I understand the idea correctly - effective burning of
carbs and any burning of fat needs steady oxygen supply - so it
is better to keep yourself in mostly aerobic zone.

Fats and carbs will be burned at higher intensities as well, but I
agree that using HR is a nice way to keep the intensity at a level
that doesn't waste time by being too easy, nor too hard which could
result in less total work due to burnout.

Joseph