Old August 9th 15, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
mark cleary

Default The Bottom Bracket Question

I know this has been hashed a zillion times but this group has personalities
so I ask. All the press-fit stuff to mean is basically garbage for stability
and ease of maintenance, much less the creaks. Are BSA threaded BB done and
over with and do I just need to get use to, figuring out how to work on and
be comfortable with press fit frames? I just see this as a way to cheapen
the process. To just give a bit of background I repair and play guitars. I
myself work and play some of the most classic jazz guitars around and I see
the newer makers of jazz guitars cutting corners to make things easier. Just
quite using inlay, layers of binding, and certain designs because
frankly.............it makes it easier to build. Oh sure you drop and few
ounces of weight but I made up for it by simply taking less stuff on the
bike.

Deacon Mark Cleary
Epiphany Roman Catholic Church