Old August 3rd 05, 02:01 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default connex 10 speed chain

Steve Karpik wrote:
I rider that I coach crashed yesterday in a race on an uphill. She was
standing and shifted to a harder gear on the rear derailleur.
Something didn't work with the shift, it jammed or slipped and she lost
her balance and crashed.

I'm trying to sort out the obvious causes.

I would look to see what the causes were. Chain separated?, link
damage?

Doubt it was der adjust since she was going away from the wheel when
shifting. I suspect a damaged chain somehow, perhaps a link problem
which prevented the chain from going thru the rear der, pulling it
backwards, stopping wheel-crash.

Most of the chain issues we see are from poor installation.

It's a 10 speed Campy drive
train with a Connex chain on a Cervelo 2.5 Chorus with FSA carbon
cranks. Any idea whether these chains are prone to problems (missed or
bad shifts under pressure)? I suppose it could be a derailleur
adustment problem or chain stretching for that matter. But I'd just
like to get people's thoughts on this chain. I tend to be a bit of a
stick in the mud. If it's a 10 speed Shimano drive train, I like to
use a 10 speed Shimano chain. Similarly with Campy. No mixing and
matching. However the bike came supplied with the Connex chain.

Maybe I'm fussing about nothing here and the cause is elsewhere.

Steve Karpik