Old August 3rd 05, 11:09 PM
John

Default connex 10 speed chain

"MSA" wrote in message
Steve Karpik wrote:
I rider that I coach crashed yesterday in a race on an uphill. She was
standing and shifted to a harder gear on the rear derailleur.
Something didn't work with the shift, it jammed or slipped and she lost
her balance and crashed.

I'm trying to sort out the obvious causes.

The Connex link MUST be installed the right way around. Looking at the
drive side of the bike (from the right), when the snap link is on the top
horizontal length of chain, the cutout should look heart shaped..i.e, the
cut out starts at the top, lowers towards the centre, and then rises again
to the top.

YOU MUST FIT IT THE RIGHT WAY AROUND

--
Mark

Hey Mark, I've never heard that. I've been using Wipperman and Campy
chains with the connex link for years and have never heard this. I will go
home tonight and check both bikes....see if I notice any difference.

John