Old October 25th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Marty

Default Hamilton with contract?

wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug...v=ap&type=lgns

(Quoting from above link):
ROME (AP) -- A new Italian-Russian cycling team is interested in
signing American rider Tyler Hamilton, who recently completed a
two-year doping ban.

"We spoke with (Hamilton's) agent and we've made a proposal," Omar
Piscina, manager of the Tinkoff Credit Systems squad, told The
Associated Press on Wednesday. "His agent said he's been training these
two years and is in form. He's 35, so he's still got another couple of
good years." (end quote)

A couple of good years would be great. --D-y

"Hamilton would need a license from the U.S. cycling federation and
cannot join one of the elite Pro Tour teams for another two years as
part of his ban, Carpani added."

I was not aware of that. The only way this team gets into Pro Tour
races is by wildcard invitation. I'm guessing that they think they'd
get more wildcard picks if TH signs with them. Yes?
--
Marty