Old December 10th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

Default Insular roadie rubbish about seats/saddles

In article ,
Tºm Shermªn™ °_° " wrote:

On 12/9/2010 9:11 PM, Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Michael wrote:

In ,
Tºm Shermªnâ≥¢ " wrote:

On 12/5/2010 12:06 AM, Michael Press wrote:
In ,
TÃâ‰*ºm ShermÃâ‰*ªnââ•ı¢ Ãâ‰*°_Ãâ‰*°""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI$souths lope.net" wrote:

On 12/1/2010 8:48 PM, Michael Press wrote:
In ,
wrote:

On 11/29/2010 6:17 PM, James wrote:
On Nov 30, 10:55 am, TÃ∞â•˚Ãâ‰*ºm ShermÃ∞â•˚Ãâ‰*ªnÃ∞¢âââ‰*¬zË ΩÃâ‰*¢ Ã∞â•˚Ãâ‰*°_Ã∞â•˚Ãâ‰*°""twsh ermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:

If new persons older than their early to mid 20's are to be attracted to
cycling and stick to it in significant numbers, something more
comfortable than a narrow saddle and/or drop bars is needed.

They give at least three possible hand positions while seated, and the
hoods are excellent for use out of the seat.

Most people I've seen are uncomfortable with straight bars and their
variants, and start adding bar ends for extra hand position
flexibility - still coming short of the variety offered by drop bars.

The individual is at liberty to have the bars moved up or down and
closer or further away. The drop bars don't inhibit certain
locations.

They are made in a variety of widths.

What is uncomfortable about drop bars?

JS.

Well, aside from the hand numbness and neck strain, nothing really I guess.
~

vi?

If your back hurts and your neck hurts,
you are not pedaling hard enough.

How is the newer rider going to maintain hard pedaling until he/she gets
into shape? What about times when hard pedaling may not be appropriate?

Who said it was going to be easy?
Buy if Buick Lucerne and ditch
the bicycle if it hurts that much.

So Mr. Press is an elitist who does not want to expand the number of
cyclists?

Argumentum ad hominem and two unwarranted assumptions.

No reply.

Why reply to an unresponsive non-answer?

Why reply at all?

--
Michael Press