Old April 26th 05, 03:22 PM
wafflycat

"Paul D" wrote in message

Secondly, although I want to spend, probably 98% of my time on the road, I
don't
want a "road bike", because they refer to drop handlebar bikes that I
would call
'racers' (the sort that are ridden by people who have special dispensation
(not
mentioned in the highway code) to ride fast on pavements and go through
traffic
lights at red).

Both my main bikes have drop bars. I *never* but *never* ride on the
pavement and I *never* but *never* go through traffic lights at red, unless
said lights are not working or am instructed to do so by a police officer
etc., etc., etc. I know many other such people riding bikes with drop bars
who adhere to riding safely.

Cheers, helen s