Old October 16th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Your first race next season

"Ted van de Weteringe" wrote in message
LawBoy01 wrote:
What are the rest of you going to take on for your first race of the
upcoming season? What are you doing now and/or do you plan to do to
get ready for that first race (besides doping)?

I'm getting onto the track in a few weeks for the first time in my life. I
figured that's where I have got the best shot at a Rainbow Jersey.

Don't rush your condition on the track. Be sure to move into it slowly so
that you develop the proper reactions.

One of our local people took to the track very well and was fast. After only
a couple of weeks they were in a test race and after they won it going
across the line they STOPPED PEDALLING! This threw them over the bars and
onto their head and that's been almost a year now and they're still more or
less in a coma.

The bottom line is that you need to learn how to ride before you think
you're a star. I'd like to hear that you're a star later and not a hospital
case sooner.