Old December 7th 17, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 13:08:37 +1100, James
wrote:
On 07/12/17 07:58, jbeattie wrote:
I need all the light that I can get when riding the gnarly
single-track on my way home, being chased by cougars.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jgFVixm_e1c/hqdefault.jpg

Bull****. Bull****. Bull****.

Haven't looked at the link so if that's what you're commenting on, I
can't reply. But I think that none of my dynamo setups would be
useable, let alone adequate, for trail riding. You'd be forever riding
into shadows. Trail riding needs a helmet mounted light that you can
use to scan the terrain and around corners, which is much harder to do
with a light mounted on the forks or handlebars. Low speeds would cause
flickering, too.

I don't trail ride basically at all and haven't in years. Not my cuppa
even in broad daylight. Dirt roads, gravel roads, are fine. But I
don't want to go threading through trees, etc., any more. And, hey, for
what it's wrth mountain biking has apparently caught on with high school
students around here as a popular activity- even some school clubs/teams
and such. Huh.