Old September 1st 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Tube patching glue (vulcanizing fluid)

Colin Campbell wrote:
I saw a friend riding the other day, and we were discussing what to
carry on a ride.

He mentioned, "A patch kit, and two tubes of glue. One that hasn't been
opened, ..."

And I jumped in, "...and one that has dried out since it was used for
the last repair."

We laughed, and went on our way. But how does anyone keep the darned
tube from drying out (or actually evaporating, I guess) between flat
repairs?

And where can one buy extra tubes of vulcanizing fluid?

Why not carry a tube? It is faster and you don't have to deal with
repairs, etc. You can get a can of inner tube cement at an auto parts
store. You can also get the cement tubes, but the can will last forever
and the contents will not dry out. When you get a flat, take your tube
home and patch it there.

Andres