Old March 6th 09, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
aigle_de_la_route

Default Shared cycle path - auditorially distracted pedestro-kretins stepping into the path of cycles

In article 20090306145626.3e87ae77@bluemoon,
Rob Morley wrote:

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 14:51:51 +0000
lardyninja wrote:

aigle_de_la_route wrote, On 06/03/2009 13:43:
In article ,
"Light of Aria" wrote:

I am quite worried what my 35 Kilos of Bike
plus 84 Kilos of me plus 10 Kilos of luggage at 20KPH would
inflict on an errant mutt-brained pedestrian.

No more than they deserve.

What an asinine comment. When there are vulnerable and unpredictable
road users around, just bloody well slow down.

No, he's right. Car drivers should likewise knock off any cyclists who
get in their way, especially kids and grannies ...

If I do something 'asinine' on my bicycle whilst mingling with vehicles
far heavier and more destructive than my body and a Surly, then don't
cry for me. Cos it'll be no more than I deserve. We tolerate ****ing
idiots too much already. The world is full of them, and the world is
overcrowed.

If I ride like a ****wit, then I'll get a ****wit's reward. That seems
only fair. How is it any different when some retard walks on a cycle
path (you know, the bit of the ground with big ****ing bicycle symbols
on it?) wearing a set of earplugs and caring only for his sorry arse and
his music?

WTF happened to taking responsibility for one's stupidity?

--
aigle_de_la_route
Surly Long Haul Trucker