Old September 12th 18, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default another for the 'click click' files

AMuzi wrote:
:On 9/11/2018 8:25 PM, David Scheidt wrote:
: My commuting bike has been making some noises lately. Deferred
: maintance, largely, but you know how it is. I've gotten most of them,
: but the today it started to make a new clicky noise. Not quite a
: a click, more like a plastic bag being crumpled, but only a click
: duration of it. Not pedal rotation related, more speed related;
: I thought it probably had something to do with the
: fresh oil I'd inadvertantly riddent through this morning, but when I
: put it up on the stand tonight, I discovered one of the rear tire's
: reflective strips was coming undone. It was stickng out enough that
: it could hit on of the stays, sometimes. Sliced it off with a razor
: knife, and no more click. I did manage to spill one pedal's ball
: bearings on the floor, and couldn't find them all. Bah.
:
:

:Oh, happy ending. Good for you.

:My 'huh. sounds like a plastic bag under my mudguard' always
:turns out to be a puncture.

Taht was last week:
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...&o e=5C2117D0

:Your commuter pedal will probably run fine short one. My
:commuter pedals seem to die of 'forced into curb' or 'slide
n concrete' more than actual wear.

Yeah, I'll get some more, eventualy. The amount of corrosion on the
spindle was more concerning, actually.

--
sig 59