Old May 8th 17, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Prejudice not justified?

On Sun, 7 May 2017 13:20:27 -0000 (UTC), Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

How high is the water these days?

Cherry Creek/Wyland Ditch is full, but still has a comfortable amount
of bank showing.

A few years ago, the spring rains brought the lake over Park Avenue
and got our heating ducts wet. That was when I found out what the
culvert under the road in the bike trails was for.

A few millennia ago, Pike, Center, Hidden, and Winona were all one
lake. Winona is rapidly filling in, but Pike's creek flows through a
swamp that settles the dirt. I don't know what feeds Center, and I've
never seen Hidden.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net