Old December 13th 18, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Fred Johnson

Default Blue railway signals?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 17:14:57 -0000, Simon Jester wrote:

On Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 4:42:40 PM UTC, Fred Johnson wrote:
Can anybody else remember blue traffic lights on railways? Can't find any evidence on google. I'm sure whereas cars have red/amber/green, railways always had a 4th blue light. What does it mean and why has it disappeared from Google?

Can anyone remember a time when motorists obeyed traffic lights? Or speed limits?

They're both guides to anyone who can think for themselves. And I'd say too many obey them, especially traffic lights, and especially ones with a pedestrian crossing on a single road (no junction) where all you have to avoid hitting are pedestrians, and you can clearly see they've all crossed and have walked off.