Old July 7th 07, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
* * Chas

Default Need Info - 1988 Peugeot Chorus 753

"Hank Wirtz" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 6, 8:43 am, M-gineering wrote:
* * Chas wrote:
I need some information on a 1988 Peugeot Chorus model built with

Reynolds
753 tubing.

Apparently this model was only made in 1988. It came with Campy

Chorus
components.

I'm trying to find the original width for the rear dropouts, 126mm

or
130mm?

the 8 speed cassette hub was 130, but a 126.5 mm threaded hub with 7
speed freewheel was optional
--
/Marten

Not in 1988. 8-Speed Campy freehubs had not yet been introduced by
then.

The frame's stock spacing was 126.

Nice bike, btw. A buddy of mine in high school had one of those, and
we were all very envious. I really liked the DARK blue & white fade,
with the red decals. Very pretty frame.

Thanks for the info. This frame is in really nice shape with only a few
paint chips and scratches. I want to put it together with factory standard
components as much as possible. I have most of the parts for a Chorus
gruppo from that period.

The bike probably came with sewups. Do you recall what kind of rims your
friend's bike had? Also what saddle?

Chas.