Old June 1st 13, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

Default Cyclist mows down another cyclist and scarpers

On 1 jun, 11:58, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:
"Justin" wrote in message

You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off. Were
it to be due to the lack of identity marks, we would not read of hit
and runs by cars.

If cars weren't identifiable, we wouldn't read about hit-and-runs by cars?
That makes no sense.

Try again.
Assume (for the purposes of this post) that the reason for this
cyclist skipping off was the lack of identity marks. The implication
is that he would not have skipped if those marks were to have been
applied to his bicycle.
If that reasoning were correct, one would not expect to read about so
many instances of drivers "hitting and running" - cars all have, after
all, identity marks.