Old August 16th 17, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Paint in etched surfaces

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 8:15:58 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/16/2017 8:50 AM, wrote:
I'm completely restoring a Pinarello Stelvia. As many of you are aware, Pinarello etches their name in the fork. The fork is fully chromed but I would like to fill that etched area with paint.

I seem to remember that there was something like a crayon that you would rub over the area, fill the etches and after drying you could polish it off of the non-etched area. Does anyone remember that?

Or do I have to spend hours painting in those letters careful to avoid getting the paint onto the fork head?

Two different things. A 'paint stick' is a sort of crayon
one smooshes down into a ding and then buff the next day.
The Schwinn ones in the 1960s were perfect color match but
otherwise not so hot.

What you want for filling pantographs is a paint pen:
https://www.uchidayoko.com/marvy/pro...paint-markers/

cheap at any art supply. Clean area well with alcohol, fill
and if needed wipe up your oopsies with a finger:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/cin17l.jpg

Fabric makes rough edges, a clean finger works best.

Well, that's the idea. I'll try the local art store.