Old August 16th 17, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Paint in etched surfaces

On 8/16/2017 9:50 AM, wrote:
I'm completely restoring a Pinarello Stelvia. As many of you are aware, Pinarello etches their name in the fork. The fork is fully chromed but I would like to fill that etched area with paint.

I seem to remember that there was something like a crayon that you would rub over the area, fill the etches and after drying you could polish it off of the non-etched area. Does anyone remember that?

Or do I have to spend hours painting in those letters careful to avoid getting the paint onto the fork head?

I've heard of people wiping a super light coating of Vaseline over the
places where you don't want the paint to stick, then wiping the area off
after the paint hardens a bit. I haven't tried it, though.

--
- Frank Krygowski