Old November 10th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
William Asher

Default Santa Fe - Taos Area

Doug wrote:

I'm looking to plan a trip to New Mexico this summer and was wondering
if anyone had advice on definite rides to do or alternately where not
to go. I am looking to do some climbing. I know it's not the high
peaks like Colorado (did that this past summer), but the area
intrigues me. I think I have identified the obvious routes, but was
wondering if anyone had any less known road climbs that I could ride.
Seems the mountain biking is better there, but I want to stick to the
road this time.

Thanks Doug

The Enchanted Circle ride is the iconic Taos route:

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...chanted-Circle

There is a bit of climbing, maybe not as long as you would find in the
Colorado Rockies but a bit steeper. It's a nice route, but there are
limited services along the way.

Out of Santa Fe, there are some good rides going to Los Alamos and also to
Las Vegas. Check out the Pedal the Peaks route in New Mexico for some
ideas:

http://www.cycleamerica.com/pedalthepeaks/route.htm

--
Bill Asher