Old November 26th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Doug[_5_]

Default Santa Fe - Taos Area

Thanks Bob.. I had looked at these as potentials, but wasn't sure about the
rides.

When you say the back way to Cimarron, you mean out 64 I assume. Looks like
there may be a road up to Green Mountain Summit. Is that paved?

I also assume when you say ride to Angel Fire for a climb, you mean up the
ski area?

Doug

"Hell and High Water" wrote in message
Ride up through Eagles Nest, then down the back way towards Cimarron.
Awesome canyon.

And you want a CLIMB?

Mora up 434 to Angle Fire. (Don't forget to pay your respects at the
Santuario El Turquillo!)

And WATCH OUT FOR BEARS!

Enjoy. Northern New Mexico is the most beautiful place in the world.

-Bob

"Doug" wrote in message
I'm looking to plan a trip to New Mexico this summer and was wondering if
anyone had advice on definite rides to do or alternately where not to go.
I am looking to do some climbing. I know it's not the high peaks like
Colorado (did that this past summer), but the area intrigues me. I think
I have identified the obvious routes, but was wondering if anyone had any
less known road climbs that I could ride. Seems the mountain biking is
better there, but I want to stick to the road this time.

Thanks Doug