Old December 9th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brycer1968

Default 36er, handlebars and bike seat??

OneWheelLess;1144765 wrote:
i'm wondering if a saddle more geared toward comfort bikes would be more
along the lines of the needs of a unicyclist. these seats are still
more streamlined than a uni seat, however they are designed for bikes
with a much more upright seating position. generally they are designed
to have most of the rider's weight placed on them at all times (and take
it off of the rider's weak legs and wrists in the case if the intended
demographic, lol)

i have a hunch a saddle similar to one of the inexpensive ones made by
bell would be closer to our needs. (i find these type of saddles way to
soft and squishy for me on a bike, however much less of my weight is on
the seat. on a uni it just might be close to what we are looking for.)
an example:
http://tinyurl.com/5uvoo5

So I went to the LBS and picked out three saddles that I can retrun if
I don't like. They are all designed for comfort use like this one:
http://tinyurl.com/6bgcs6

They all feel pretty squishy and soft, but I'm gonna install a couple
of them and try them out this next week to see how my ass likes them.

brycer1968