Old January 5th 09, 11:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rowan

Default 1 foot wheel walk. need tips

1wheelwonder;1164957 wrote:
I can't lean back, I fall off but when I lean forwards, I fall off
anyway, any tips?

Leaning slightly forwards is the right thing to do, but you need to make
the wheel catch you so give it a reasonably strong kick or push forwards
with your foot. Then unlike two footed wheel walking you don't have
another connection with the wheel with your other foot, so you need to
apply some pressure to the wheel as you drag your foot back to it's
initial pushing/kicking position. The dragging on the wheel will slow
you down slightly at first (cos you don't yet have fine gliding control)
but with a strong enough kick you will eventually get the feeling of
control from your foot dragging on the tire.

Learning gliding is extremely fun so I recommend learning one footed
wheel walking to anyone who cannot do it yet. Persist and it pays off!

--
Rowan