Old March 8th 17, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default More About Lights

On Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 7:09:21 PM UTC-5, James wrote:
Snipped
If I was allowed to ride without a foam hat I could keep the sun off my
scalp with a cloth cap, but that's not an option in this country.

If I develop a skin cancer on the top of my head, I shall seek to sue
the government, for their law makes adequate sun protection with
sufficient ventilation near on impossible.

--
JS

Just curious, does the legislation specifically state that your helmet must be worn on your head? Or does it simply state that a helmet must be worn? On a long ride a few years ago it got extremely hot so I slung mu helmet over my shoulder on a long srtrap. the organizers at a rest stop saw it and said i must wear the helmet on my head. I showed them the waiver and also showed them that it only stated that I promised to wear a helmet but there was no mention of wear I had to wear the helmet. Perhaps your local legislation has a similar loophole?

Cheers