Old June 27th 04, 02:59 AM
Ron Hardin

Default Bicycle trailers:

Tom Keats wrote:
Milk crates are also better than panniers, I think, for
transporting certain delicate things, like foot-high
potted zinnias.

I carried a 8 foot tall maple tree home from Kmart (10 miles)
in the shade of my own tree, shade most of the way, with its pot in the
milk crate.

Today it's much bigger. I was hoping to make a shady spot for my
Doberman Susie to lie under, but it was pretty slow-growing, and even
living to 13 and a half she never got a decent shady spot from it.
The successor Doberman Annie however has a nice shady spot today,
and it's turned into a very shapely Maple.

Every day I transport at least a gallon of water or milk, sometimes two;
weekly 20 pounds of snapple as well; and monthly 40 pounds of salt, if
I haven't trailered it home from the salt place 160 pounds at a time
in time, which I usually haven't.

It's impossible to overbuy for a milk crate. There's always some way
to pile it all in or on, though you may look like a bag lady in the end.
--
Ron Hardin