Old July 21st 04, 04:07 AM
BCL

Default What a cool way to fix a puncture!

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:41:12 GMT, Richard Sherratt
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:12:07 +0930, "GDS" wrote:

http://www.bluecollarmtb.com/how_to/fix_flat.htm

Two tubes, one repair kit, instant patches, two compressed air
bottles, one compressed air valve thingy, one schraeder to presta
adaptor, one mobile phone.

Bloody hell, talk about belt and braces!

I have seen the grass trick before in the bush it works on a car so I
suppose there is no reason why it shouldn't work on a bike.

I carry a spare tube and a puncture kit but since I started to use
tyre liners I have only had one puncture in 10 years. That puncture
was caused by a small piece of glass which had obviously spent a long
time cutting its way through the tyre, the liner and eventually into
the tube. If I had been the slightest bit vigilant about checking my
tyres occasionally I would have probably found it before the puncture.

Unfortuantely I learned nothing from that and still don't inspect my
tyres.

Regards
Bruce

http://www.bcl.id.au