Old June 22nd 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace
David White[_2_]

Default Experiences With VDO HC 12.6?

I am wondering if others are having good or bad luck with their HC 12.6
units? I am having particular problems with the HR monitor. For up to
1/2 of each ride, the unit will suddenly read a rate of 0. I have had a
couple units sent to me by IBEX who is the distributor and has been nice
in trying to resolve this but the problem persists.

I know my HR is not 0 not only because I am still here writing but also
because I have an older Sigma Sport HR monitor strapped to my bars which
use the same strap as the VDO and never shows this behavior. I have
tried multiple new batteries in straps and head units. I have tried 2
different VDO straps and the Sigma strap. I have tried 3 different VDO
head units. It happens on multiple bikes.

Do others see this or know of a work-around for it? If you are not
having this that would be good to know as well and might provide
encouragement to keep trying.

Thanks