Old September 28th 09, 03:52 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Randall Kehrt

Default Today's ride took over four hours but I rode for 3hr 38 minutes and covered 56.3 miles at average speed 15.4 mph

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
Randall Kehrt wrote:
To All,

Go to:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/14442609

Only Wolf Pen Branch hill make me have to dismount.

Anyone else remember the "highwalker" jokes?

The weather was cloudy when I left but the sun came out
and it cleared up some but was still not too sunny.

Kentucky sounds like a good place to ride November through February.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Tom,

The winter season may have a few days in which to ride but I stay
around the Seneca Park here in Louisville which has a flat oval
course for riding. I use a heavy sweater that covers the arms and
a t-shirt underneath the sweater and if I can get 15 miles in or one
hour that is all I do in the off season.

A man who lives near me goes to Florida during the off season and
he claims to ride his recumbent everyday at that location. I would
advise Florida if YOU are into the off season cycling.

I assume that YOU being a "vehicular cyclist" that YOU use YOUR
recumbent to actually travel to and from work. With ice and snow
and the thin tires I would not put my recumbent on the street with
what we call black ice in KY. My rides are just for recreation.

Randy Kehrt
Louisville,KY
USA