Old November 11th 03, 05:49 AM
MattB

Default Changing seasons

I took a couple of rides over the weekend on the trails that start less
than a Mile from the house. The first was Saturday with the Mrs. We rode the
Epics and had a nice, leisurely time while the baby hung with his aunt and
cousins.
Then Sunday I rode to the same area but went out on a bigger loop with
my bro on the SS's. It was good. We rode everything but this one steep pitch
that I always have to granny up. There were a couple of patches of snow in
the trees on the north side of Signal Mesa, but nothing significant.
The trails were in nice shape from recent moisture. Here's a photo we
snapped on the Saturday ride looking North.
http://mattb.net/images/fall-winter_...lley%206x8.jpg (and Mrs. B's
new ride)
It snowed and rained (depending on elevation) all night Sunday night and
through the day Monday, so the riding is definitely getting to be lower
elevation. I bet we can still get up to 9k without too much trouble, but
probably nothing beyond that for a while. That line gets a little lower
every few days.
I've got one more weekend before I get cut into. If it keeps snowing I
just might have to go ski Wolf Creek instead of ride...

--

Matt

"Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"