Old October 22nd 16, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default New bike lock

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 04:30:23 -0400, somebody
wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ediately-vomit

I like the idea, but it's far too complexicated and messy. Charging
the bike lock with a load of puke gas runs a high risk of accidentally
gassing oneself. Leaving some residue on the lock is also a potential
hazard. Leaving the lock in the hot sun also doesn't seem very safe.
Of course, there are laws against boobie-traps in many states:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/lq1w4/is_it_illegal_to_booby_trap_your_house/

Instead, I suggest decorating a U-lock to look like a stick of
dynamite.
http://inertproducts.com/dynamite
http://www.eod-gear.com/inert-training-dynamite/
Some printed paper wrapped around the straight part of the lock should
suffice. Now, would you grind or saw your way through what might be
enough explosive to vaporize you, the lock, the bike, the bike rack,
and most of the neighborhood? I don't think so.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D