Old March 21st 04, 04:07 PM
Jacques Moser

Default lacking in leg strength and stamina exercises?

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:39:35 +0000, Neil Cherry wrote:

SNIP I'm
currently up to ~50 mile rides on Saturday and about 120 for the week. I'm
just beginning to train for a single day 200 mile that is in June (this
will be #5 for me).

Neil,

I am very tempted to try one of these long rides (310 km in early July), but
still hesitating. I am commuting daily on short distances (13 km round
trip). I normally have no problems completing a 100 km ride with up to
1000 m climb. My longest distance ever is 190 km, mostly flat, but I would
have been unable to go any further. I know training will help, but 300 km
seems so far beyond everything I have done that I wonder whether it is at
all within my reach. Is there a way to "know" - or guess - whether this
would be realistic ?

Jacques