Old May 2nd 19, 03:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Belt drive

On 2019-05-01 16:10, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 01 May 2019 07:51:01 -0700, Joerg

On 2019-04-30 16:23, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 15:51:45 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

[...]

No, no, look at the positive side. I am getting free core muscle
training :-)

Or straining your back picking up the penny :-)

My lower back isn't that great but MTB riding actually helps it by
building up core muscle. Something none of the doctors ever told me.
Most likely they didn't even know such stuff.

Just about anything that exercises a muscle strengthens it. I suspect
that your doctor knew that.

No, I was told MTB riding is out. They also did not know that I had a
magnesium deficiency, all of them didn't. A CPA did. After his advice I
started taking supplement and that helped, big time.

It seems many medical doctors learn by rote and then whatever they
learned in school goes.

He probably also knew that suggesting that you did bending and
stretching exercises every day was an example of futility on his part
as almost everyone will ignore any suggestion to do anything that
smacks of "work".

Well, no, the first three docs were in Germany and those guys generally
do not subscribe to a sedentary lifestyle. One actually suggested
swimming which was good advice though that doesn't do much for the back
muscles. At least not as much as MTB riding. My back muscles have become
almost rock-hard after five years of riding.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/